|PROJECTS IN PORTS & SHIPPING, KARACHI PORT TRUST, MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS.
1. Development of Multipurpose Cargo Handling Terminals each at 3-4 existing berths (cost US $ 50 million).
2. Supply and operation/maintenance of Specialized Cargo Handling Equipment (cost US $ 20 +2 million).
3. Up-gradation of the Tugging & Piloting services (cost US $ 30 million).
4. Installation of Water Desalination Plant (5MGD) & Power Generation at Sandspit or Manora (cost US $ 30 million),
5. Development of recreational facilities at Karachi Harbour (cost US $20 million),
6. Creation of Single Buoy Mooring for very large crude carriers of 200,000 tons capacity (cost $ US 50 million),
7. Setting up of a Floating Jetty for molasses export handling 2 million tons per year of molasses and other liquids and vessels of 15,000 DWT (cost US $ 30 million),
8. Up-gradation of Oil Pier I from 35,000 DWT (cost US $30 million),
9. Setting up of Tee Head Jetty at Keamari Groyne (cost US $30 million),
10. Establishing an off dock/terminal with CFS facilities (cost US $20 million) .
PROJECTS OF PORT QASIM AUTHORITY, MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS.
11. Land for setting up of new industries at Port Qasim
12. Bulk Liquids terminal on BOT basic.
13. International level Workshop/Dry-Dock on BOT basis.
14. Multi purpose project i.e. developing tourism & recreational facilities along the shore of Port Qasim.
15. Up-gradation of infrastructure at Port Qasim Port.
Project of Gwadar Port, Ministry of Communications.
16. Constructions of Gwadar Deepwater Port i.e. construction of 3 multipurpose berths, dredging of 5 km approach channel and acquisition of marine craft and related equipment in phase I with cost of US$ 200 million. In Phase II an oil terminal, a container terminal, a bulk grain terminal, and Roll-on-Roll-Off berth will be added costing US 526 million.
PROJECTS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, PAKISTAN TELE-COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION LTD, MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS.
17. Offer of sale of 26% equity with transfer of management to strategic investor through international bidding.
18. Cellular Mobile Telephone Service.
19. Trunked Radio Service.
20. Satellite Service (Pak Sat).
21. Manufacturing of terminal equipment.
22. Manufacturing of Copper & Fiber Cables including jointing material.
23. Manufacturing of telephone sets, fax machines, computer terminal & modems.
24. Joint venture in pre-paid card, wireless local loop service, GMPCS.
25. Provision of 330,000 telephone lines for private sector participation through bids.
HIGHWAYS PROJECT, NATIONAL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY, MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS.
A list of the Roads and Bridges to be offered to private sector is given below:
No. Name of the Project Length Estimated cost in Million Status
26. Rawalpindi Islamabad Ring Road. 80 km Rs.8000
27. Sheikhupura Faisalabad-Multan-D.G. Khan Motorway. 405 km Rs.52000 BOT basis
28. Makran Coastal Road. 653 km Rs.34000 BOT basis
29. Gawdar Ratodero Road. 885 km Rs.24000 BOT basis
30. Karachi-Dureji-Kakkar Highway 341 km Rs.14000 BOT basis
31. Peshawar-Torkham Expressway 46 km Rs.2000 BOT basis
32. Bridge Over River Indus near Mithankot Rs.2000 BOT basis
33. Bridge over Sutlej linking Pakpattan with Minchinabad Rs.350
34. Bridge at River near Syedwala Rs.200
35. Islamabad-Murree expressway 41 km Rs.2503
36. Hasan Abdal-Abbotabad 2nd Carriageway. 69 km
37. Pindi Bhattian-Faisalabad Motorway. 52 km Rs.3500 BOT basis as well as full(contractor's funding basis)
PROJECTS OF PAKISTAN RAILWAY.
38. Development of 884 KM double tack from Peshawar to Lodhran.
39. Development of 141 KM double track from Lahore to Faisalabad. The estimated cost is Rs.2 billion.
40. Rupees 610 million project of extension of VIIF & UIIF Communication of the following sections for another 1000 KM:
a) Kot-Adu-Attock City, Peshawar Cantt-Rawalpindi.
41. Linking Pakistan with Turkmenistan and Central Asian states.
PROJECTS OF CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY, MINISTRY OF DEFENCE.
42. New Terminal Project at Lahore International Airport.
43. Development of New Islamabad Airport.
44. Setting up of New Airport at Sialkot.
45. Up-gradation of Runway at Karachi International Airport .
PROJECT ON COMPUTER SOFTWARE
46. Construction and operation of Software technology park in big cities of Pakistan and in software development.
PROJECTS OF MINISTRY OF INDUSTRIES & PRODUCTION.
47. Phased production of turbines and generators at Taxila.
48. Joint venture for Diammonium Phosphate fertilizer.
49. Development of Industrial Zones.
50. Expansion of capacity of Pakistan Steel from 1.1 million tons per year to 3.0 million tons. Joint Venture for downstream projects with Pakistan Steel.
PROJECTS OF MINISTRY TOURISM.
51. Beach resort at Kalmat Khor, Lasbella.
52. Tourism Resort at Hub Lake, Karachi.
53. Tourist Resort near Manusehra and Balakot.
54. Jallo Theme Park, Lahore.
PROJECTS OF MURREE KAHUTA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY.
55. Theme park Kuldana-Jhika Gali Road Murree.
56. Five Star hotel at Charhan Danna on Murree Patriata road(6 km road from Jhika-Gali)
PROJECTS OF MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM & NATURAL RESOURCES.
57. Joint Venture for Oil & Gas exploration.
58. Investment is Saindak Copper Gold Project.
59. Joint Venture in Mineral exploration in Copper, Gold, Silver, platinum,Chromite, lead and zinc, granite, marble and other building stones.
60. Joint Venture in Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and its use in transport.
61. Joint Venture in Petroleum pipelines including white Oil pipeline and Furnace Oil pipelines.
62. Petrol and Diesel additives for automobiles to conserve energy and environment protection.
63. Storage of oil and other petroleum products.
PROJECT OF MINISTRY OF WATER & POWER.
64. Terbala Hydropower 4th extenstion with installed capacity of 2x480 MW cost US$ 324 million.
PROJECTS RELATED TO ELECTRONICS
65. Establishment of CAD/CAM/CAE Center for production of high quality moulds, dies and tools for electronics industry.
66. Establishment of Solar Cells/Modules and Solar Appliances industry.
67. Installation of windmills for generation of electricity and water pumping.
68. Integrated Circuit Fabrication industry.
69. Printed Circuit boards (All types) Industry.
70. Development of High Technology Town (Tech Town) in Sector 1-12. Islamabad.
PROJECTS OF MINISTRY OF EDUCATION.
71. Establishment of Technical-Vocational Education Institutes in the fields of telecommunications, textiles, leather technology, refrigeration and air-conditioning, auto and farm machinery, dress making and dress designing etc.
72. Mass/local productions of Science equipment like. Kits-for chemistry, mechanics, electricity, electronics etc. for students studying in 125,000 primary schools, 16000 Middle /High Schools, 700 colleges and 22 Universities.
PROJECT OF MINISTRY OF HEALTH.
73. Manufacturing of pharmaceutical raw materials.
PROJECTS OF LAHORE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB.
74. Construction of Lahore Ring road-6 line double carriage.
75. Establishment of Disney Land in Lahore City.
76. Construction of INCINERATAN plant for power generation in Lahore City.
77. Cavalry Ground Office shopping Center in Lahore city.
PRIVATE SECTOR PROJECTS (Total projects 147)
78. Agriculture, Forestry, fishing i.e. seeds, Sea food.
79. Metal ore mining.
80. Manufacturing of food, beverages, tobacco i.e. milk production and packages, ice cream, processing of fresh vegetables & food, fruit concentrate.
81. Textile, wearing apparel and leather industry i.e. cottons fabric finishing, dying and printing, socks hosiery, garments.
82. Manufacturing of Chemicals, Petroleum. Coal, Rubber, and elastic products.
83. Manufacturing of chemicals, Petroleum, coal, Rubber, and elastic products.
84. Manufacturing of non-metallic mineral products.
85. Basic metal industries.
86. Manufacturing of fabricated metal products, machinery and equipment.
87. Manufacturing of trouser zipper.
88. Electricity, gas and steam i.e. hydle power generation from gas based power generation.
89. Restaurant and hotels i.e. establishment of recreational clubs and facility, hotel construction.
90. Construction of storage facility for edible oil and molasses.
91. Real estate and business services i.e. construction of trade complex, software development.
92. Sanitary and similar serv ices i.e. pest control services.
93. Social services and research i.e. advance computer training.
LIST OF SERVICES DEREGULATED IN THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS SECTOR
1 ) E-mail/Internet/Electronic Information Services (EIS).
2) Date Communications Network services.
3) Trunk Radio Services.
4) Cellular Mobile Telephone Services.
5) Audiotex Services.
6) Voice Mail Services.
7) Card Pay Phone Services.
8) Closer User Group for Banking Operations.
9) International Satellite Operators for Domestic Data Communications.
10) Paging Services.
CATEGORY (A) : VALUE ADDED OR EXPORT INDUSTRIES
- Leather : Value Added
- Textile : Value Added
- Surgical & Sports Goods
- Soft, Stuffed & battery operated toys
- Frozen Concentrated Citrus Juices.
- Seafood Industry (Farming/Catching, Processing and Preservation of Fish, Shrimp and Other Marine Products.
- Mining and Value-Added Mineral Processing (Incentives will be admissible depending upon the level of Value-Addition in accordance with the criteria specified)
CATEGORY (B) : HI-TECH INDUSTRIES
- Process Control Equipment/Systems: Power Tools/Pneumatic Tools.
- Powder metallurgical Idustry and Manufacture of Alloys & Stainless Steel.
- Information Technology.
- Solar Technology/Solar Cell Industry.
- Defence Production.
- Hermetical Sealed (HS) Technology.
- Oil Refining (Mineral Oil)/Hydro-cracking and other value-added Petroleum Products.
CATEGORY C : PRIORITY INDUSTRIES
(1) Engineering/Capital Goods Industry:
- Manufacturing of Industrial plants, machinery & equipment including mining or mineral processing, agricultural and earthmoving machinery.
- Values & controls for fluids & gas, High pressure /Temperature piping & fittings, Specialized pumps for chemical/Petroleum industry.
- Elevators or escalators.
- Ship building.
- Seamless high pressure gas cylinders.
- Rubbers and Textile Chemicals/Dyes/Pigments.
- Specialized paints or coatings.
- Basic Manufacture of Pesticides; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Manufacture of Basic Chemicals.
- File-fighting foam.
- Petrochemicals & their Down stream products (including fibers).
- Safety (Auto) Class, Float Glass.
- Chloro - Alkali.
- Pulp & Paper (Integrated Unit)
- Development & Production of Fibre-Optic Communication Equipment.
- Treatment and disposal fo Toxic & Hazardous/industrial waste, Sewerage, Effluent/solid waste management, water supply.
- Laboratory, Chemical or Industrial ware.
- Optical goods & equipment.
- X-Ray and Photographic Films.
- Manufacture of Bio/Medical/Medical Diagnostic equipment/Devices.
- Research & Development/Technical Testing Facilities.
CATEGERY(D): AGRO-BASED INDUSTRIES
- Production of Quality / Hybrid seeds.
- Edible Oil Extraction / Refining.
- Livestock / Poultry, Livestock Complex including the facility for Processing and Packing.
- Milk Processing & Milk Products / dairy Products.
- Fruits, vegetables & Flowers - Grading, Packing /Processing, etc.
- Agro-based value-added products/Bi-products/Chemicals (e.g. Cotton, Sugar cane, Rice, Corn-based like cattle feed, Cellulose & its Products, Industrial Alcohol, Glycerin, Fructose, Furfural, Xylose, etc.)